I love to bake. I don’t do it as much as my kids would like, but when I do bake, I do it well! (Bread and cookies are my specialties, they never last longer than a few minutes in the house unless I bake when the kids aren’t home, lol).
This is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe of all time. And it was the perfect recipe to test out my new BakeitFun Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat I received as a sample.
I always use parchment paper when baking cookies. I love how easily the cookies come off the pan and when I’m in a hurry I’ll just pick up the whole batch of cookies using the parchment paper and then place everything down on the cooling rack.
I was a little skeptical about using the baking mat, but was pleasantly surprised! The cookies baked more evenly AND no burnt cookie bottoms when I left the pan in the oven a little longer than I had planned because of an unexpected phone call.
Extra bonus points for cleanup! I didn’t have any crusty pans to clean. And didn’t need to scrub the mat clean! Because of the non-stick silicone surface, everything just lifts right off! Simply rinse off in the sink or you can even put it in the top rack of your dishwasher.
It’s reusable, durable, and like parchment paper, you do not need to use grease or cooking spray. Everything just slips right off.
I liked this mat so much I actually purchased another one on my own!
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
This is our all-time favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. They are thick and chewy, with tons of melty chocolate.
- 21 ounces all-purpose flour (about 4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled (retain 1/2 cup of the butter and add it in to the melted butter to bring down the temperature)
- 14 oz light brown sugar
- 7 ounces granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 9 oz (1 1/2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
- 9 oz (1 1/2 cups) milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, with the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in bowl.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle, beat melted butter and sugars on medium speed for about 2 minutes until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, yolks, and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add flour mixture until just combined, scraping down bowl after each addition.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the stand and using a spatula mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Portion dough out using a medium-sized cookie scoop and roll into balls. Space cookies 2 inches apart on a prepared baking sheet (line with silicone or parchment paper).
- Bake cookies for 8 minutes, rotate the baking sheet, and cook for another 8-10 minutes, until edges are set and beginning to brown but centers are still soft and puffy.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before serving.
Why use a sheet liner or parchment paper? This keeps the cookie bottoms from over browning.
Want chewier cookies:
- melt your butter before mixing with sugar
- using fewer egg whites and extra egg yolks helps make the cookies more dense and chewier
- to keep the cookies chewy longer, store them in an airtight container with a slice of sandwich bread
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
- Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat With Measurements – 420mm x 280mm (16-1/2″ x 11″) with Free Recipe eBook.
Toaster Oven & Freezer Safe – Cookie, Macaron & Pastry Sheet.
Certified FDA Approved
- This is a USA Half Size Baking Mat – 16-1/2″ x 11″ (280x420mm) – Custom designed cut corners fits perfectly a 13″x18″ pan.
- Manufactured using FDA and LFGB approved materials – Made of fiber cloths covered with the best food grade silicone
- BakeitFun Baking Mat doesn’t require any grease, get rid of the extra fat or shortenings – Cook Nontoxic: Our mat is BPA free.
- Non-Stick surface eliminates the need to scrub – Keep your baking sheets always clean – Just rinse with warm water and air dry or dishwash, then roll it and store.
- Reusable mat with outstanding heat conductivity – Perfect to use in oven, microwave or freezer – Takes up to -40F (-40 C) degrees to 450F (230 C) degrees
- Flavors or odors will not penetrate the baking mat