One of my favorite things in the fall, aside from colorful leaves and cooler weather, is all the fresh, yummy apples! And with October designated as National Apple Month it’s the perfect time to take a bite out of all the yummy varieties available!
My all-time favorite apple is the honeycrisp. It’s delicious, sweet and crisp with a firm flesh, making it an ideal apple to eat raw, and perfect for a yummy sangria.
Some juicy apple facts…
- The apple is a “pome”. A fruit that is created from the fusion of outer flower parts and ovaries.
- Apple trees take from 2 to 10 years to produce their first fruit. It depends on the apple variety, and whether they are dwarf or full-sized trees.
- Sunny days and cool nights along with the rich soil help to bring out the wonderful flavor and sweetness of apples.
- The same variety of apple can taste very different depending on where it is grown. Northeast soil has different minerals, and composts than the West. Those conditions will influence the fruit’s sweetness.
- It takes about 36 apples to create one gallon of apple cider.
I’m not a big wine drinker, but I do like a good Sangria. This delicious Caramel Apple Sangria is super easy to make and is always a big hit! Even my husband, who was very skeptical, thought it was good (and he is kind of a wine snob so that says a lot, lol).
Check out just how easy it is to make below…
Caramel Apple SangriaPrint
Caramel Apple Sangria
Super easy and delicious Sangria
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups
- 1 – 750 ML bottle of your favorite white wine (pinot grigio is a great choice)
- 3 1/2 cups fresh apple cider
- 1/2 cup caramel vodka (can increase to 1 cup if you like it stronger)
- 2-3 Honeycrisp apples, cut into smallish chunks (You can also add some pears to it, if you wish for a little extra something.)
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Cut the apples and place in the bottom of a pitcher with the cinnamon sticks.
- Pour in the wine, apple cider and vodka.
- Mix and refrigerate overnight (at least two hours for the flavors to blend).
- Stir before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: Caramel Apple Sangria, Sangria, Caramel Apple Cocktail, Cocktails