This is one of my favorite recipes for a Classic Margarita on the rocks…
[img src="https://lifeofaginger.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/classic-margarita-150x150.jpg" width="150" height="150" class="aligncenter size-thumbnail" title="Margarita Monday classic margarita"]
- 1 1/2 ounces 100% agave, silver tequila
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1 to 1 1/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup (optional) - 1/2 C water and 1 C granulated sugar, bring water to a boil, add sugar and stir, continue boiling until sugar has dissolved. Let cool. Will last 1 week in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Lime slice, for garnish
- Zest of half a lime
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Make the Lime sugar salt: Blend together lime zest, salt and sugar in a small blender or mini food chopper.
- Rim the glass.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the tequila, lime juice, triple sec and simple syrup.
- Shake, strain, and serve over ice in a glass.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 264kcal Calories from fat 1|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|