My favorite salad is a Chick-fil-A Grilled Market Salad. It’s sooo good. The flavors are so yummy together and honestly I could eat one for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day and not get tired of it!
But I always crave it on Sunday when Chick-fil-A is closed! So now I just make my own (if I can keep berries in the house, my kids can eat them by the pound faster than locusts!)
You just have to try it!!
Now I tweaked the Chick-fil-A recipe a little bit towards my personal tastes. I don’t like blue cheese so I used goat cheese crumbles, and I like a lot of flavors and textures in my salad so I added some dried cherries. Their tartness goes really well with the sweet strawberries and tangy goat cheese. Plus I love how chewy they are–it makes me slow down and savor my salad.
My favorite dressing to use on the salad is Chick-fil-A’s light Balsamic Vinaigrette. It was that is, until I found out how quick and easy it is to make your own! It only takes a couple of minutes and it tastes so much better than anything you can buy in a bottle.
Find my Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette here
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 C chopped or shredded chicken breast (cooked and cooled)
- 1 head chopped romaine lettuce (or 3 romaine hearts)
- 1 8 oz bag baby greens
- 1/2 C shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 C chopped carrots
- 1/8 C crumbled goat cheese--optional (I don't like Blue Cheese)
- 1 red apple, cut into chunks
- 1 green apple, cut into chunks
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 C blueberries
- 1/4 C dried cherries--optional
- Mix ingredients together
- Top with homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
Do you have a favorite fast food item that you would like to copy?