It's no secret that I love margaritas. It's hard for me to pick a favorite, but in the fall I especially love to make cranberry margaritas. The perfect mix of sweet and tart. A festive cocktail for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any time of the year!
This is a great recipe everyone will love so be sure to make a big batch to share!
I used Ocean Spray diet cranberry juice with lime, but you can substitute 100% cranberry juice or even Cran-grape or Cran-apple juice if you like!
Recipe adapted from Shawnda Horn, as seen on My Recipes.com
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- Category: Adult Beverage
- 1 1/2 C fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 3/4 C El Jimador Silver 100% Agave tequila
- 4.5 ozs triple sec
- 3/4 C Ocean Spray Diet cranberry juice with Lime (can be substituted with any other cranberry-based juice)
- 3/4 C fresh lime juice (in a pinch Rose's Lime Juice will work)
- 3 oz simple syrup*
- 3/4 C cold club soda
- 3/4 C orange juice
- If desired, rim margarita glasses with lime juice and sugar.
- Fill your glasses with crushed ice.
- Place cranberries, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and simple syrup in a blender for approximately 30 seconds until blended.
- Pour mixture through a strainer into a pitcher.
- Add club soda and orange juice and stir to mix.
- Pour into prepared glasses.
- Garnish, with a lime wedge (optional).
*To make simple syrup:
In a saucepan, combine equal parts granulated sugar and water. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves completely. Transfer to a heat-proof pitcher and refrigerate until well chilled, about 30 minutes before use in a drink. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 months.