It’s no secret that I love margaritas. It’s hard for me to pick a favorite, but in the fall I especially love to make cranberry margaritas. The perfect mix of sweet and tart. A festive cocktail for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any time of the year!
This is a great recipe everyone will love so be sure to make a big batch to share!
I used Ocean Spray diet cranberry juice with lime, but you can substitute 100% cranberry juice or even Cran-grape or Cran-apple juice if you like!
Christmas Cheer Cranberry Margarita
Recipe adapted from Shawnda Horn, as seen on My Recipes.com
- 1 1/2 C fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 6 oz El Jimador Silver 100% Agave tequila
- 4.5 oz Cointreau or triple sec
- 6 oz Ocean Spray Diet cranberry juice with Lime (can be substituted with any other cranberry-based juice)
- 6 oz fresh lime juice (in a pinch Rose's Lime Juice will work)
- 3 oz simple syrup*
- 6 oz cold club soda
- 6 oz orange juice
- If desired, rim margarita glasses with lime juice (take a cloth and dry the inside so that salt only covers the outside of the glass), then dip your glass into the salt/sugar.
- Fill your glasses with crushed ice.
- Place cranberries, tequila, cointreau/triple sec, lime juice, and simple syrup in a blender for approximately 30 seconds until blended.
- Pour mixture through a strainer into a pitcher.
- Add club soda and orange juice and stir to mix.
- Pour into prepared glasses.
- Garnish, with a lime wedge (optional).
*In a saucepan, combine equal parts granulated sugar and water. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves completely. Transfer to a heat-proof pitcher and refrigerate until well chilled, about 30 minutes before use in a drink. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn pennies per sale from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 1g
This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.