These little Jalapeno Popper Burger Bombs have a great big taste and IMHO are… da bomb! I love how simple they are to make and you can customize them for everyone in the family!
My take on a jalapeno popper was a big hit with my family. The few that don’t like spicy (these were only mildly spicy) we substituted pickles for the jalapenos and cheddar for the goat cheese.
You can use ground turkey, chicken, even go vegetarian and use Beyond Beef and 365 Everyday Value Plant-Based Smoked Gouda, and fill that puppy up with some peppers (and onions if you so choose–I don’t like onions :-D), or what ever veggie sounds good to you. The combinations are practically endless!
Hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices of thick bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- 1 16oz tube refrigerated biscuit dough (not the flaky layers kind)
- chopped or sliced Jalapenos
- 4 oz goat cheese
- sesame seeds, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season ground beef with pepper, seasoned salt, and worcestershire sauce.
- In a frying pan, add minced garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Add ground beef and cook until only a little pink is visible. Drain any grease.
- Roll out the biscuit dough to approximately 4" in diameter. Make sure the edges are thinner than the middle (the middle should be about 1/4 of an inch thick) so you don't end up with raw dough on the bottom of the burger bomb.
- Spread about 1/2 oz of goat cheese on each biscuit, add jalapenos to taste, 2 tablespoons chopped bacon* (approx half a piece) and about 2 oz of the ground beef. Wrap the biscuit around the beef--like a dumpling, and tightly seal the edges.
- Place biscuits on a parchment lined pan seam side down.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place in the oven and bake 13-16 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
rotten hungry daughters cooked and ate the bacon I purchased for this recipe so I omitted it from the photos, but the bacon really gives it that little extra yum!
Feel free to use a flavored goat cheese.
You can substitute cream cheese for the goat cheese if you wish.
Create Italian Burger Bombs: substitute mozzarella and tomato sauce for the goat cheese, jalapenos, bacon, and worcestershire sauce.
Create Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs: substitute american cheese and pickles for the goat cheese and jalapenos.
Create Pizza Burger Bombs: substitute mozzarella, pepperoni, and pizza sauce for the goat cheese, jalapenos, bacon, and worcestershire sauce.
Create Black & Blue Bombs: substitute crumbled blue cheese, blackening spice, and red onions for the goat cheese, and jalapenos.
Create Mexican Burger Bombs: substitute Mexican flavored cheese, taco sauce/salsa, sliced avocado and refried beans for the goat cheese, bacon, and worcestershire sauce.
Create Everything Bagel Burger Bombs: substitute cream cheese, and Everything Bagel spices for the goat cheese, worcestershire sauce, jalapenos, bacon and sesame seeds.
Create Mediterranean Burger Bombs: substitute chopped olives, grape tomatoes, and red peppers, feta cheese, sliced zucchini and squash, for the goat cheese, worcestershire sauce, jalapenos, and bacon.
Serving Size:2 bombs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 790Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 1480mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 38g