It’s really tough to find something that my whole family will eat for breakfast. One hates bacon (if she didn’t look just like me I’d question her parentage), one doesn’t like most cheeses (ditto), one doesn’t like pancakes, several don’t like oatmeal… but they all love this frittata.
It took me a little coaxing to get some of the girls to try this, but once they did they were hooked! Any time they see mozzarella and eggs in the fridge they ask me to make a frittata.
It’s simple to make and you can easily substitute ingredients to customize it for each person… make it vegetarian, fill it full of meat, add roasted peppers, artichokes, swap out the cheese, anything you want!
In case you aren’t familiar with what a frittata is, it’s basically a baked omelette or crustless quiche, created with ingredients like meats, cheeses, or vegetables.
Try it out the next time you are making breakfast or brunch, using your favorite ingredients, and let me know what you think!
Fresh Mozzarella and Sausage FrittataPrint
Fresh Mozzarella and Sausage Frittata
This is a super easy recipe that you can customize as you see fit. Add veggies, change out the protein, add cheese, jalapenos, whatever you like!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 16
- 1 16 ounce package pork sausage (I prefer hot sausage but my kids don’t do spicy so I used mild), cooked
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Perfect Pinch Roasted Garlic & Bell Pepper seasoning (or more, to your taste)
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers–I usually add the peppers but the hubby forgot to pick them up at the store ;-), or any other veggie that you are in the mood for.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the sausage in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat approximately 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Drain the sausage on a paper towel to remove excess grease.
- Beat eggs, salt and pepper, and seasoning in large bowl with wire whisk.
- Add the cooked sausage, veggies (if using) and cubed fresh mozzarella to the egg mixture.
- Pour into two well-greased pie pans (or 9×13 baking pan) and bake in the oven for approximate 15 minutes, until the eggs are set and the top is a light golden brown. Don’t overcook.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: Fresh Mozzarella and Sausage Frittata, Mozzarella, Sausage, Frittata