The Heavenly Hangover-Helper Breakfast Burger
The Heavenly Hangover-Helper Breakfast Burger is not for the faint of heart…. really it’s a LOT of fat and calories. BUT it’s an amazing, once-in-a-while treat. Especially when you might have indulged in a few too many adult beverages the night before!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Yield: 4
- Category: Entree
- Method: fried/baked
- Cuisine: American
The Bun (Prepare in advance and keep warm):
- 1 lb. frozen hash browns, thawed and squeezed of excess water
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
The Burger Patty:
- 1/2 lb. ground sausage, hot or mild
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon LAWRY’S 25% less sodium seasoned salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 4 fried eggs
- 8 slices thick bacon, cooked
- 4 slices Gouda cheese
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 tomato slices
- Red leaf lettuce
- Steak sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine hash browns, two lightly beaten eggs, and salt and pepper. Mix well. Butter a baking pan and place eight mason jar rings, rim side down. Evenly divide hashbrown mixture into each ring and press firmly to form a patty.
- Place under a broiler and cook until tops are uniformly golden brown. You may need to rotate the baking pan to make sure they brown evenly. Flip the hashbrowns, remove the lids and cook until golden brown.
- Keep warm and prepare the burgers.
To make burgers:
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef and sausage and season with the worcestershire sauce, LAWRY’S 25% less sodium seasoned salt, and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Form into patties (slightly larger than the mason jar lid rings) and cook until medium, about 5 minutes per side. Top with gouda and let melt.
To assemble burgers:
- Place hash brown bun on plate and drizzle with steak sauce.
- Add burger, bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and fried egg, then top with hash second brown bun.
- Server immediately and enjoy immensely!
- Serving Size: 1 Burger
- Calories: 1152kcal
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 1876mg
- Fat: 89g
- Saturated Fat: 27g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 45g
- Cholesterol: 390mg
Keywords: burger, bacon, fried egg, avocado, cheese