The other day I made my salad for lunch and I went to grab the bottle of balsamic vinaigrette and it was completely empty! My kids have a terrible habit of putting empty bottles, milk cartons, and butter dishes back into the fridge and then I don’t know until the last minute that I am out of something.
Because I didn’t have time to run to the store and I had all the ingredients, I decided to make my own dressing. I’m so sorry that I never tried this before. The dressing was amazing. So much better than anything you could buy in the grocery store. And it only took a few minutes to make!
I used a good quality balsamic vinegar and olive oil, this makes all the difference. If you use a lower-quality product the flavor just isn’t there.
Try this on my Copycat Chick-fil-A Grilled Market Salad. YUM!!
Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced (I omitted b/c I don't like shallots)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake to combine.
- If not using dressing right away, cover and refrigerate, whisking or shaking again before use.