Chips and guacamole. It’s the one snack that ALL my girls love to eat.
One of my favorite guacamole recipes is from Alton Brown, but I don’t always have the extra time to make it, so I discovered an easy and delicious way to make guacamole in a very short amount of time. It’s so easy, in fact, that my kids can make it on their own!
It takes less than 5 minutes to make and it’s just as tasty as the “real” stuff.
Super Simple Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and cubed
- Lime Juice, enough to coat the avocado
- 2 tablespoons Taco Bell Fire Sauce
- 1/4 cup of your favorite salsa (I like to use Herdez Salsa Verde, but any salsa will work)
- Chopped tomatoes, to taste
- Chopped jalapenos, to taste
- Eight 10-inch tortillas (corn, flour, garden spinach herb, whatever kind you like best)
- cooking spray
- Optional: *finely grated cheese, pepper, other seasonings to taste... it's fun to experiment!
- Place the avocado and lime juice in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Drain excess lime juice.
- Add the Fire sauce and salsa, stir.
- Using a fork or potato masher mash the avocado mixture to desired consistency. I like mine kind of chunky.
- Add chopped tomatoes and jalapenos.
- Flavors are better if you let the guacamole sit for a 30 minutes to an hour, but it can be eaten right away. (It never makes it to the hour mark in our house.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover both sides of the tortillas with the cooking spray.
- Stack the tortillas and cut them into strips or triangles using a sharp pizza cutter or knife. (If you are making these as a garnish for soup, cut the tortillas into thin strips, a few inches long.)
- Spread the strips in a single layer on two baking sheets and season.
- Bake until crispy and golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Rotate the baking sheets after 6 minutes.
- *If you intend on using shredded cheese, add after cooking approximately 6 minutes so the cheese doesn't burn.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
Not enough nutrition data.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|