I have a lot of fun testing and creating cocktails for my blog. Maybe a little too much fun! When my girls see me ooh and aww over yummy concoctions they always ask me, “Is this a grown-up only drink?”
Yesterday, trying to relax from a bad day, I decided to make one of my favorite frozen cocktails, a Strawberry Starburst.
My daughters were drawn to the kitchen by the sound of the blender. When they saw what I was making they asked if I could create a kid-friendly version. I thought about it for a minute and then decided why shouldn’t they have a little treat, too?
Using some sour mix, a little sugar, strawberries, and ice, I made a delicious, kid-approved, kid-friendly mocktail.
And it’s super easy to make!
Strawberry Lemonade Mocktail
- 3 cups ice
- 2 cups lemon sour mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or as needed)
- 4 strawberries (save 2 for garnish)
- Add everything (saving aside 2 strawberries) into the blender and blend until slushy, add more ice as necessary, until desired consistency.
- Rim glasses with sugar (optional).
- Immediately, pour the slushy into glasses.
- Garnish with strawberries, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 249kcal Calories from fat 2|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|