If you haven't noticed already, football season is here!
In celebration of my favorite time of the year, I decided to bring you some delicious football-inspired tailgating recipes perfect for that party in the parking lot or just hanging out at home watching the game.
Don't worry! You don't have to be a football fan to get excited about the following tailgating recipes. These tasty treats are good anytime!
So, are you ready?
They are a big hit with my five football fans and they are fun to make. My girls love preparing a bunch and keeping them in the fridge to reheat when they are hungry.
Spicy Sicilian Sandwich Bites
Twenty Tasty Tailgating Treats To Tempt Your Tummy
Here are some of my favorite Life of a Ginger recipes:
Plus, check out these awesome recipes from some of my favorite foodies!
Jalapeño Pretzel Dogs via Who Needs A Cape?
Bratwurst Kebabs Recipe with Potatoes and Peppers via Smart Savvy Living
Sausage Bites via A Magical Mess
Buffalo Chicken Jalapeño Poppers via Home Made Interest
Chicken and Waffle Bites via Harper Mondays
Chili Mango Chicken Wings via Arts & Crackers
Slow-cooker BBQ Glazed Kielbasa via Julie Measures
BBQ Chicken Dip via Adventures of a Frugal Mom
Pesto Chicken Sliders via A Magical Mess
Game Day Guacamole via It's a Fabulous Life
Copycat Big Mac Sliders via Home Made Interest
Football Whoopie Pies via My Mini Adventure
Mini Parfaits via Blessed Beyond Crazy
Candied Bacon Footballs Recipe via Smart Savvy Living
Football Stadium Sugar Cookies via It's a Fabulous Life
These baked bites of Italian goodness will be the triumph of your tailgater, the star of your Sunday football soiree, the.... well you get it, they are yummy!
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/4 cup Pepperoncini or banana peppers, plus 1/8 cup liquid from jar
- 1 teaspoon fresh or jarred garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 cans jumbo biscuits, 8 per container (do not use flaky layers type), each biscuit cut into 2 pieces
- 2 oz thinly sliced ham, I used honey ham
- 2 oz hot capocollo ham
- 2 oz hot Calabrese Salami
- 2 oz pepper salami
- 2 oz hot pepperoni
- 3 oz smoky Gouda cheese
- 3 oz provolone cheese
- Egg wash
- Sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Prepare the sandwich relish by chopping up the artichoke hearts and peppers and mixing together with the garlic, balsamic vinegar, and liquid from the jar of peppers, then season with the red pepper flakes and salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Cut up the meat and cheese into small chunks and mix into the relish and refrigerate while you prepare the biscuit dough.
- Pop open the can of biscuit dough and cut each biscuit in half. Flatten the dough with your fingers on some parchment paper, making sure each 1/2 biscuit are all about the same size and thickness (roughly 1/8 of an inch thick).
- Spread some of the sandwich mix on the biscuit and close up tightly. Don't overfill.
- Brush with an egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
The Spicy Sicilian Sandwich Bites are delicious dipped in a chimichurri sauce.
Leftovers will keep for a few days and can be warmed in the oven (crispier) or microwave (soft).
The great thing about this recipe is you can substitute whatever you want for the sandwich "stuffing". And you really don't need to measure everything. Just be sure to taste the mix along the way to ensure a harmony of flavors!
Do you have a goto game-day recipe? Let me know what it is!