It’s that time of year again… you know what I’m talking about, no, not sweater weather (at least not here in NC yet), but Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte time!
I don’t actually drink coffee, at all! I don’t like the smell, I hate the taste… I don’t even like tiramisu, lol. But my oldest daughter LOVES to go to Starbucks and I NEVER take her… so I decided to create a copycat Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe just for her.
(If you really want to kick it up a notch try making this yummy Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup. It also delicious in chai.)
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Yield: 1
- Category: Drinks
- 1 1/2 oz espresso (or 1/2 C strong brewed coffee)
- 1 cup milk (whatever kind you prefer, I find 2% makes great froth)
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar (or your favorite sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (yes, really 2 teaspoons)
- Ground Cinnamon to garnish
- Whipped Cream (Optional)
- Brew espresso/coffee.
- Add milk, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla into a frother and mix carefully for about 1 minute (If you don’t have a frother shame on you, just kidding, you can use a whisk and blend it together in a small mixing bowl for about 2-3 minutes).
- Microwave frothed milk mixture for 30-45 seconds, until hot.
- Carefully pour into the brewed coffee, spooning thick foam on the top.
- Optional: add whipped cream, and garnish with a dash of ground cinnamon.