Prepare the fried shrimp:
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 1/2 inches of vegetable oil to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Put the panko, fresh ground & chipotle pepper in another bowl.
- Coat each shrimp with the panko mixture and fry in batches until golden, about 2 minutes per batch.
- Drain on paper towels. Do not overcook!
To assemble the tacos:
- Spoon some of the cabbage and lettuce into the center of each tortilla and top with 4 fried shrimp.
- Drizzle with the Jalapeno Cream Sauce and sprinkle with some of the pickled jalapenos and queso fresco.
- Serve with lime wedges.