Since it is National French Fry Day I thought I would share this receipe again.
Many moons ago I attended a Moms' Night Out Charlotte blogger meet and greet at an ah-maz-ing restaurant called Nan and Byron's. Sadly Nan and Byron's closed a while back, but you can still enjoy their over-the-top delicious Train Wreck Fries.
Train Wreck Fries are perfectly cooked french fries covered in chili, poblano cheese queso, and sriracha ranch.
Making everything from scratch is a bit time-consuming (and it prepares a lot of food, so you will haveplenty of leftovers) but totally worth it. If you are in a hurry and don't mind the less-than-homemade taste, feel free to pick up some store-bought chili and queso.
Train Wreck Fries Recipe
Grab your favorite type of french fries (I use well-done steak fries--I like 'em crispy and they have more surface area!) to create this amazingly delicious comfort food. There is a bit of prep time due to the chili and queso but it's totally worth the effort! (Although feel free to use store-bought chili and queso, I don't judge). You can also make homemade fries if you want to go whole hog.
Recipes needed for Train Wreck Fries are: Pork, Beef, and Bean Chili, Queso Poblano Cheese Sauce, and Sriracha Ranch Sauce (found below)--adapted from Food & Wine magazine (this is good on so many things and I don't even like Ranch dressing!) Servings: 2 1/2 Cups
Train Wreck Fries
- French Fries
- Sriracha Ranch Sauce (recipe below)
- Scallions, jalapeños, bacon, avocado (whatever you want to throw on there for garnish, if desired)
Sriracha Ranch Sauce
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped dill
Sriracha Ranch Sauce
Combine all of the sriracha ranch sauce ingredients in a blender and puree. Refrigerate until well chilled.
Train Wreck Fries Instructions:
- Pile crispy fries onto a large platter.
- Drizzle chili, cheese sauce, and sriracha ranch sauce over the fries, garnish and serve piping hot.
- Prepare to see an empty platter in a couple of minutes and repeat. 🙂