Two of my favorite parts of summer are cookouts and freshly picked fruit… especially sweet, juicy watermelon and peaches.
They are delicious when eaten by themselves. But when put together with a little spice, oh wow!!
My girls LOVE this Watermelon Peach Salsa. When I make it, they don’t even wait for it to chill in the fridge! They just grab some chips and start snacking.
I don’t blame them. It really is delicious. I always get compliments and requests for the recipe.
It’s great by itself and makes a delicious topping for grilled white fish or pork.
Spice it up or down to your personal taste. Add the cilantro and onions if you like, I’m not a fan and love the salsa the way it is. I hope you enjoy this summer salsa recipe as much as I do!
Watermelon Peach Salsa
Dice ingredients to approximately the same size.
Gently mix all the ingredients (except the toppings) in a large bowl and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour for the flavors to meld.
Top with fresh ground pepper, crushed red pepper, crumbled cheese, and avocado before serving.
This sweet and spicy salsa is great by itself with some tortilla chips. Also makes a delicious topping for grilled white fish, chicken, or pork.
- 3 cups, seedless watermelon, diced
- 3/4 cup ripe peaches, pitted, peeled, and diced (about 1 large peach)
- 1/2 cup yellow peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup orange peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced Serrano pepper, seeded and finely diced (add more or less, to taste, may substitute with fresh or pickled jalapeño)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Juice of 2 limes
- Optional: 1 oz of fresh cilantro, chopped (I am team "cilantro tastes like soap" so I left this out)
- Optional: 1 small red onion, diced (I'm not a fan)
Toppings, add to taste just before serving
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh (extra spicy) or pickled (more mild) jalapeño
- Crushed red pepper
- Cotija or Quesco Fresco, crumbled
- Avocado, diced
Dice ingredients to approximately the same size. Gently mix all the ingredients (except the toppings) in a large bowl and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour for the flavors to meld.
Top with fresh ground pepper, crushed red pepper, crumbled cheese, fresh or pickled jalapeño, and diced avocado before serving.
If you want to kick this recipe up a notch, add about an ounce of good tequila (to taste) before chilling. Just don't serve this to the kids!
Be sure to chill in the fridge for at least an hour. The longer you keep this in the fridge before serving, the more the flavors meld.
If you manage to have any leftovers, Watermelon Peach Salsa will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.